|Pronunciation||// bree-AN-ə or|
|Meaning||a feminine form of Brian also meaning high, noble and strong|
Brianna, Breanna, Breanne, Brianne, Briana, Brina, and Bryanna are feminine given names. Brianna is a feminine English language form of the masculine Irish language name Brian as "Briana" is the original spelling. The name is a relatively modern one and was occasionally used in England from about the 16th century and on; Briana is the name of a character in Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene. In recent years, the name has become increasingly popular (especially in the United States).
Other variant spellings of the name include Briana or Breeann. Bri is a common nickname and/or derivative name. It can be considered offensive to refer to a Brianna as Brian.
People with the given name
- Breanna Conrad (born 1989), American television personality
- Breanna Stewart (born 1994), American basketball player
- Breanna Yde (born 2003), Australian actress
- Briana Banks (born 1978), German-American pornographic actress and model
- Briana Corrigan (born 1965), Northern Irish singer
- Briana Evigan (born 1986), American actress and dancer
- Briana Scott (born 1969), American singer-songwriter
- Briana Scurry (born 1971), American soccer player
- Briana Waters, American convicted arsonist
- Brianna Brown (born 1979), American actress
- Brie Bella (born 1983), ring name of Brianna Monique Danielson
- Brianna Denison (1988–2008), American college student and murder victim
- Brianna Glenn (born 1980), American long jumper
- Brianna Keilar (born 1980), American journalist
- Brianna Stewart, possibly an alias of Treva Throneberry (born 1969), American imposter
- Brianna Taylor (born 1987), American television personality, singer and songwriter
- [[Brianna mcmahon beautifulness prettiness amazingness
- Brianne Davis (born 1982), American model and actress
- Brie Larson (born 1989), professional name of French-Canadian-American actress Brianne Desaulniers
- Brianne Leary (born 1957), American actress
- Brianne Moncrief (born 1983), American actress
- Brianne Murphy (1933–2003), Irish-American cinematographer
- Brina Palencia (born 1984), American voice actress, voice director, and singer
- Bryanna McCarthy (born 1991), Canadian soccer player
- "Brianna". AskOxford.com. Retrieved 22 November 2009.
- "The Faerie Queene Characters". eNotes. eNotes.com Inc. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Brianna". Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
- "Bryanna". ThinkBabyNames.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Breanna". Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|